CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 7, 2007

Chili

I love making chili from scratch. It's different every time; it just depends on your mood.

2 pounds ground beef
29 ounce can tomato sauce
29 ounce can kidney beans
29 ounce can pinto beans
1 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced green chili (we usually use an Anahiem pepper)
1/4 cup sliced celery
3 medium tomatoes
2 teaspoons cumin
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups water

I usually brown the ground beef, then add the onion, pepper, and celery; cook until the onion is soft and then add everything else. The longer you can let it simmer, the tastier it will be but we usually let it boil and then eat. Also, the original recipe calls for the water but we NEVER add it.

2 comments:

Candace said...

looks like this makes a ton. do you freeze it?

Caitlin said...

I would cut the recipe in half rather than freeze but I'm sure it would freeze pretty well. We usually cut it in half and still have leftovers. We'll have chili and cornbread one night and then maybe a potato bar a couple nights later.